Sunday, December 7, 2008

Trains

I am not sure who, but some amazing person put together this incredible list of all the holiday happenings in our area. I got this list the Sunday before Thanksgiving and the week after Thanksgiving I got out my calendar and marked all the dates of the things I wanted to do. Well we started out our holiday celebrating the Saturday after Thanksgiving by going to see the Trains at North Park with Ryan's parents and his sister. It only costs $5 for an adult and all the money goes to the Ronald McDonald House. It was totally worth it. Not only did they have tons of trains, many of which were BNSF (which we are obviously partial to), but the details of the surrounding landscapes and all the people around the trains were just amazing! I think probably our favorite was this school yard were the kids were playing and the swings moved and there were a bunch of kids playing tug-o-war and the rope moved back and forth, and there were just a ton of things going on and it was impressive. The whole thing was impressive. I think we probably spent an hour walking around looking at all the trains and such. They had San Francisco complete with Lombard street, Downtown Dallas, New York. It was just a lot of fun and I would recommend it!

No comments: