

Ryan and I were set apart as Dallas Temple Workers at the end of September. Our first day as temple workers was the second Saturday in October (the first Saturday was conference) and so we have now been working there about two months. We work the Saturday mid-day shift (11:30-4:30) and although it basically takes up our entire Saturday we are really grateful for this experience. We have already done a little bit of everything and we have learned a ton. We are amazed at how much there is to learn. The temple is such an incredible place to spend your time and serve. This past Satruday was somewhat sad, though. We had to cancel at least two sessions and in at least three session there were only three patrons. We have enough temple workers to accomodate a large number of patrons but instead we are using our temple workers as patrons. We would love more people to come to the temple. I know it is hard if you have young children to get to the temple, and I obviously would not be available on Saturday's, but Wednesday mornings and pretty much any time Friday I would LOVE to watch children for anyone who wants to attend the temple! Even if you want to go on a Friday night date to the temple, I will watch your kids, let me know! I'm so grateful to be able to have this time in my life to serve in the temple!


No comments:
Post a Comment