Saturday, November 14, 2015

Michael's Story - Part 6: Spiritual Confirmations

Back in October of 2014 Ryan and I took a trip to New England. At the beginning we spent a morning at the Boston Temple. It was a very small session but it was very enjoyable. As I stood at the veil I pondered how in all three of the ordinances performed only in temples we receive blessings that our reproductive systems will function properly and that we will have joy in our posterity. The creative opportunities seem to be among the main blessings of the temple. And so I asked my Father when these blessings would be realized for me - when would I have the opportunity to create a posterity, when would my reproductive system start functioning properly? And He answered - those blessing are already happening, my body is functioning perfectly to create the family He has planned for us. And in that moment I knew that was true and that I didn't need to worry about my body any more. I already knew Abby was part of the plan and that had I gotten pregnant before she joined us that we never would have gotten her. I also believe having Cheyenne and her family in our lives is also part of the plan. But I had still been waiting for my body to function in such a way as to produce children. I still want that, I still hope it will happen, but I have greater peace in knowing that my body functions perfectly for His plan!

Also during that endowment session Ryan received a spiritual message. Without even contemplating it or really thinking about family at all he was given the strong impression that we would have a biracial son. The impression was very clear. We later learned that these experiences happened less than a week after Yulia conceived!

I wrote previously about the dream I had of being with Yulia and her parents and also of the Spirit telling me that this was our child and that he was a boy.

During our first Skype call Beth shared with us that when Yulia started going through profiles (they had given her 22) ours was one of the first ones she came to. As she looked at it she told her mom that we were the family, she knew it. She said she didn't even need or want to look at the rest. She was confident. Her mom encouraged her to at least look at the rest, so she did, but she maintained that we were the family. Since then Yulia has shared with me a few times how 100% confident she is that this is right, that she knows we are the best option possible.

Additionally, when the adoption worker first called to tell us we were Yulia's top pick she also told us that as her family had gone through profiles each of them had chosen us as their top picks but none of them told Yulia or each other that until Yulia was set on us.

I love that we all individually have had confirmation that this is right. I love how Heavenly Father's hand has been in this from the beginning and that He helped us find each other. I love that He has a plan for us. I love that not only do we get to have sweet Mikey as part of our family but also Yulia and her entire family. I LOVE them!

No comments: