Saturday, March 23, 2013

Bridal Shower Times Two

I do not consider myself a very creative, crafty, or artistic person. I volunteered to give 2 bridal showers this month, and I was happy to do so. But I am from a family of super creative, super smart, super amazing people. I know my talents are different but I try to gain some spark of creativity from them. When we got Abby we were super celebrated and had more showers than anyone I've ever heard of. We felt so completely loved and so giving showers for others is a way I'm trying to pay back all the kindness shown to me. I wanted these showers to be super special. I searched pinterest and blogs for ideas and followed tutorials. I am not a good photographer and although I know neither shower turned out as cute as someone's who is much more creative than myself, they did look better than the pictures, I actually did think they were pretty cute, and most importantly, the brides liked them. So here are a few pictures.
The first one had a "pop" theme - "He Poped the Question and She Said Yes" - so all food was centered around that. We had soda pop, a rice crispy "cake" (snap, crackle, pop), carmel popcorn "cupcakes", various flavored popcorn (white chocolate, strawberry, and nacho), and plain popcorn with a bunch of seasonings and mixins, caluiflower "popcorn", and jalapeno popper dip. The party favors were also centered around the theme ("Thanks for Poping by") - ring pops, blow pops, poprocks, etc.
 


Abby wore her party dress for the occasion
 
 
The second shower we didn't really have a theme - just a color scheme of pink and gray. We made paperbag flowers and a balloon chandelier with pictures of the couple hanging from the ribbons. It was a brunch so we had yogurt parfaits (idea stolen from the baby shower my sister gave me). I made honey, vanilla, and plain yogurts (it was my first attempt at yogurt making and I have to say they turned out very well - go me). Then we had sauces (nutella, caramel), cereals, baking chips, and fruits for people to make their desired creations. We also had muffins and punch.
 




No comments: