Friday, September 30, 2011

Mud Run

I am not a runner. In fact, I hate running, I always have. I would rather swim a mile than run a mile. I can run a mile faster than swim one, but I enjoy swimming,and not running. Last month the furthest I had ever run at one time was just over 2 miles, and that was only once. But Ryan and I have been talking about doing a mud run for a while. For those of you who have not yet heard of mud runs, they are a combo of a run (usually a 5 or 10K) and a ropes course (you havea bunch of obstacles). The problem with them (besides the running) is they are usually really expensive. But a few weeks ago there was a deal (on LivingSocial, which is like groupon) where we could get them 1/2 off - so we did. We did the Patriot Games, which was a 5K with 18 obstacles. We finished in 32 minutes, which was better than we had anticipated. We were in the top 1/3 of our group. I wouldn't say we did awesome, but I was able to run the whole thing, and we had a lot of fun. Although, the whole time we were talking about how much we wished Penny could be with us and how much she would love it.
Before




After

No comments: