So, the inspiration for our trip to Washington and Oregon was so that I could attend a conference for work - SPR. Basically it is a conference for other people like me who love brains and use various methods to try to figure out how they work. I attended my first SPR conference my last year of graduate school, it was in Savannah Georgia. Last year I attended for my second time, it was in Berlin (I think it is pretty obvious why I had to convince my mentor why it was imperative that I attend). And this year in Portland, another place we were anxious to visit.

When I travel to conferences for work I get to stay in nice hotels and eat great food.
Awesome Hotel ModeraSince Ryan couldn't stay with me I invited my family to come. My sister Molly decided to join me - and we had fun.
Some of our favorite things we did were - attend our first Zumba class, walked through Washington Park,
Rose Test Garden
went to the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry,
Playing Around
toured Pittock Mansion,

strolled through the beautiful city parks,
Cool Fountain Park We Passed Everyday and ate really good food.
I had one day after Molly left and used it to visit the Hoyt Arboretum,

the Farmer's Market (way bigger than any I had ever been to before - yummy samples),
Artichoke Flowers and Brussell Sprouts Bushels - I'd never seen them before, have you? and the Saturday Market.
I did in fact work as well while I was there, really. But who wants to hear about work?
No comments:
Post a Comment